The Residencies Intern will assist the Residencies Coordinator on all aspects of XXX’ International Residency Programme. In this role the intern will gain valuable experience of working directly on international artists’ projects, as well as an insight into the administration and organisation of an artistic programme.
- Helping to organise residencies before the artists’ arrivals: communicating with the artists, booking flights, organising accommodation etc.
- Putting together welcome packs
- Acting as artist assistant on resident artists’ projects
- Acting as first point of contact for artist’s queries
- Drafting texts for XXX’ website
- Helping to organise events such as artists’ talks and open studios
- General practical, pastoral and administrative work (repainting studios, filing, developing reports etc.)
This role is two days per week, with an ideal commitment of six months or more.
We regret there is no pay for this role, however interns are offered paid work such as invigilating, bar work, extra artists’ assistance when possible.
Please send a cover letter and CV by email ONLY
Starting date: As soon as possible